Categories: All Products, Brush Fonts, SVG Fonts
Tags: bold, branding, brushed, colorfont, colourfont, cool, feminine, fontself, fresh, fun, hand, Handmade, innovative, liquid, logo, messy, modern, opensvg, paintbrushed, Painted, playful, stylish, svg, textured, trendy, wet
Hey guys, so you may have heard about the new font format on the scene, OpenSVG or Colour fonts. This new format is really exciting because it means we can start adding much more detail to the letters than previously possible. Avallon is my latest handpainted brush font, and my first which makes use of this new technology, by using actual brush stroke images with incredible definition. With this font you get an amazing paintbrush effect built in, as a transparent texture, with no extra work required. (I know, it’s awesome).
Another great thing about OpenSVG formats is that they install and work like any other font, and can be used in any colour, on any background. Check out the tutorial video in our blog to see how it works!
Your download will include 6 font files and 1 PSD (Photoshop) File;
1. Avallon SVG • A high definition SVG brush font, containing upper & lowercase characters with a drawn height of roughly 800 pixels (letter sizes vary).
2. Avallon Alt SVG • This is a second version of Avallon SVG, with a completely new set of lowercase characters. If you wanted to avoid letters looking the same each time to recreate a custom-made style, or try a different word shape, simply switch to this font for an additional layout option.
3. Avalon All Caps SVG • A brand new set of capital letters which work much better when using all-caps, and pairs perfectly with the regular version.
⭐ Please Read! At the moment, the SVG fonts only have basic punctuation built-in. This is due to limitations in the font software as it’s a new format, and also to keep the size of the fonts down as it uses very high definition imagery. This is something I’m hoping to update in the future (all updates are free). BUT!The full range of punctuation & accents are available in the included Photoshop file, and can be manually added to your text, but are not yet programmed into the SVG font. They are however programmed into the TTF fonts, which contains the entire character set, in the traditional format.
4. TTF versions of the 3 SVG fonts • All 3 Avallon fonts are also included in the traditional vectorised TTF format. This format doesn’t have the same level of detail as the SVG version, but is still a very versatile brush font with textured edges and is universally supported.
5. Layered PSD (Photoshop) file • If you’re unable to access the OpenSVG font, but would still like the high definition characters, I’ve included the full glyph set as separate images in a layered Photoshop file, which you can simply copy and paste into your document.
The OpenSVG format requires Photoshop CC 2017 or Illustrator CC 2018 (or newer).
If you don’t have this software available, fear not! As well as traditional TTF versions which are widely supported, I’ve also included a Photoshop file which includes each of the high definition OpenSVG characters on a separate image layer.
Language Support; English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Swedish, Norweigen, Danish, Dutch, Turkish, Polish, Finnish, Romanian, Hungarian, Estonian, Filipino, Indonesian, Icelandic, Romansh, Welsh
Thanks for checking it out, and feel free to get in touch if you had any queries 🙂